Fraud Awareness Week: Our Capability Building
International Fraud Awareness Week is a week-long campaign to raise awareness of fraud and encourage business leaders and employees to take steps to reduce it.
This year, we ran 5 capability building webinars aimed at Commonwealth officials involved or interested in fraud control, risk and governance:
- 'Introduction to Counterfraud.gov.au' taught viewers how to navigate and make the most of the new counter fraud website.
- 'Introduction to Fraud Risk Assessments' ran through the basics of a fraud risk assessment.
- 'Building your Investment Case' provided insights into how viewers can start building an investment case for countering fraud in their entity, program or function.
- 'Introduction to Pressure Testing' provided tips on how to start pressure testing in their entity, program or function.
- 'Introducing the Counter Fraud Community: IPSFF, the Centre & Operation Ashiba' introduced the local and international counter fraud community.
The webinars included insights and expertise from members of our Centre and Mark Cheeseman from the UK Cabinet Office, Oliver May from Deloitte and Robyn Alford from AFP's Operation Ashiba.
We also developed a fraudster personas poster and screensaver to help entities raise awareness of fraud within their entity.
We would like to thank everyone who tuned in for our Capability Building Webinar Series and used the fraudster personas products to build awareness and understanding of fraud.
Contact us for a copy of the presentation slides or the fraudster personas poster and screensaver. We also welcome any feedback you may have about the week.
Author: Eliza Williams